India has a scorching sun during the months of May- August. The best way to “Beat the heat” is to pack your travel bags and travel somewhere snow clad mountains and breath-taking scenic beauty. Himachal Pradesh, is a place where all of it comes alive. Situated at 360 kilometres from Delhi it attracts all sorts of tourists ranging from newlyweds, families, religious preachers and college students alike. We here at My travel Trips provide you with the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh this year.
- Dharamshala ; Scotland of India:If you are college kid wanting to go somewhere for a holiday to escape the pressure of exams this summer, then dharamshala is the place to be. McleodGanj is an ideal tourist spot, but there are many other places you can drive up from there including the triund hill which is an infamous trekking spot, if you are fascinated by Buddhism you can visit a lot many Buddhist temples and monasteries , even the great Dalai Lama resides at the Temple Complex. Other attractions include the Dal Lake and Bhagsu Waterfall.
- Shimla; The honeymoon capital of India:This is the famous holiday spot of India, Shimla boasts of snow clad mountains, trekking trials and breath taking beauty. Best places to visit include the Shimla State Museum if you are searching for the history of Shimla, the art, culture and paintings, Daranghati Sanctuary. Adventurous spots include the chadwick falls, kufri and Jakoo hill which is the highest peak at Shimla.
- Kullu; the ultimate adventure spot:Are you a big fan of trekking and cycling around the lush green mountains this summer? Well its time you rented a private vehicle to Kullu. What more you can escape to a chalet in between the mountains after a tiring day of paragliding or rafting at River Beas or camping at Panoh Dam or you could just go on a birdwatching trail in the Great Himalayan National Park. Some enthusiasts can even go on trout fishing on the banks of river Trithan or go trekking ion the chandrakhani pass.
- Manali; the Bollywood movie set spot:If you are this person who is in dire need of packing your bags and going to an unknown place this summer? Well it is time you get ready for a getaway to Manali. This place offers a scenic beauty at the Rohantag Pass or adventure spots at the Solang Valley or go relax your tensed muscles at the hot sulphur spring at Manikaran Village. The best time to visit is during mid-December if you want the heavenly snowfall and stunning beauty .
- Kangra;the ultimate family destination:Kangra is an easy accessible place in Himachal Pradesh. Best places to visit include Jawalamukhi Temple, Kangra Fort, Pong Lake Sanctuary, Nadaun on the banks of River Beas, the Judge’s Court and the famous Himalayan festival during the months of September-October.